Sunday, January 5, 2014

Keeping it Real

Okay, so I said I was going to use this blog to show my progress on organizing my house.  I said I might even share before and after pictures.   Well, get ready because I have some doozies of before pictures for you.
I made a list of areas I wanted to organize.  I figured my "office" would be a good place to start.  I use the word "office" lightly.  I have a built in desk area in my kitchen.  That is my office.  It's not ideal, but it works.  The problem is my "office" tends to be a place where everyone's junk gets thrown.  
No more though.  The cycle ends today.
Or tomorrow. 
Whenever I finish getting it all in order.

Anyway, in the spirit of keeping it real, here are the before pictures.
Don't judge.  

From the outside looking in, it doesn't look TERRIBLE.  Not great, but not terrible, right?

Get ready.....

What is really sad about this cabinet, is that I can actually find stuff in it.  I am sure once I start going through it, I will find things I thought were lost forever, but sadly, it is still functional in this stage.  
Notice the phone books at the top?  Any guesses on the year on them?  I'm guessing 2009.  I'll update in the "after" post.


This is my cookbook cabinet.  I use maybe 3 of those cookbooks.  Everything else I do is online or in Pinterest world.


If you scroll down through my blog, I think there is a post about this cabinet from a few years ago.  It was my craft cabinet when the girls were toddlers and we did daily crafts and art projects.  Clearly, things have changed.  This is now the "cram it in and close it quickly" cabinet apparently.


I am almost scared to take everything out of this cabinet.  I don't know what I'll find.  Right now I know there is paper and bubbles.  And it looks like cat food.  That makes perfect sense.  (Insert sarcasm here)



 This is my filing system.  It is an amazing product that Clever Container used to offer.  It's not so much being used to it's capability though.  I mean, I don't remember reading "Shove it full of stuff, then put random things like gift bags and take out menus on top of" in it's description.





And last, but not least, there is this thing.  Appropriately labeled "stuff".  I see a note from Frankie, our elf on the shelf, caulk, tissues, and a pen.  
And I call myself an organized person. 
I'm living a lie.

Okay.....so there we have it.  The Before pictures of my hot mess office.
Like I said, we're all friends.  Don't judge.  
I will post after pics as soon as I finish everything. 
I would love for you to comment on this and tell me it's not all that bad.  That I'm not a terrible slob.  That you have areas in your house like this too.....seriously people....help a girl out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment